I honestly don't know what normal feels like anymore. Since our move and then my surgery and then Linda, my sister-in-law coming for the summer and more company coming I just do not remember what "normal" is anymore. Our house has been full this past week with Mom and Michael followed by Dennis' mom and brother. All good visits but definitely busy times.
Dennis got called into the Bishop's office last week to speak with a member of the Stake Presidency. Then they called me in to talk with them as well. After a week of secrecy (aside from mentioning it to far away family members) we can now say Dennis has been called to serve as the second counselor in our ward's bishopric. I'm really proud of him for all his efforts and his willingness to take this calling. Life will continue to be busy, obviously, but we're going to grow through these experiences. The Spirit was so strong in the sacrament meeting this past Sunday and I just felt such love and friendship from my fellow ward members. What a blessing it is to be a member of this church and to be able to serve in whatever capacity the Lord calls us. Here's looking forward to finding a new "normal" for our family soon.
Don't know about the normalcy thing, but it's good to 'hear' from you! Glad you survived the craziness/stress/funness that comes with company. Sounds like some exciting learning opportunities are on the horizon for your family, thinking of you!
ReplyDelete