Tuesday, July 3, 2012
I miss Dennis
Tonight was Dennis' first night back to work after being off for 12 days to help me recoup from my surgery. I was sad when he left but oh well, right? Oh my goodness!! This evening was crazy! It started out fine with me working on organizing the school stuff and Denny helping me move heavy things I am not supposed to be lifting. Then it came time to cook dinner and I was sore from the day's work and then standing in the kitchen about did me in. The whole time I was in there Ben kept whining because he wanted to eat. At least he can say "cracker" and "more". He even attempted "thank you" once. We survived dinner and were getting ready to sit down for reading on the couch. We got through the first book and then started a new one. I turned to Jacob to ask him to go potty and he tells me he pooped his pants. Bummer, but it happens and I was not upset. Then he sat down once I took his pants off and got poop on the carpet. Urgh!! Really?! So, he got cleaned up and off to bed he went. The second book was all but forgotten and the older two were sent upstairs to clean Denny's room before I read to them at bedtime. I stopped to call Dennis at work and as we were talking I heard a loud bang upstairs. This is not uncommon considering we have no carpet. Every toy thrown down makes a thud, but this was LOUD. I hung up with Dennis and heard Emily and Denny coming down the stairs. They came down and told me they had been jumping on Denny's bed and it broke. What?!?! So, I head upstairs to survey the damage. The whole wood frame is split down the side. One corner of the frame and mattress are on the floor. Well, neither of them got to listen to reading tonight and Denny is sleeping on the hard tile floor. I really wish Dennis could get paid to stay home. :-/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope things are getting better! I can totally relate :-). Still working on my plan to be independently wealthy so Nathan can stay home, I'll let you know when I figure it out! Can't wait to see more posts from you!
ReplyDelete