Thursday, August 16, 2012

Ahhh, I can breathe

After two months of being super busy with a move, a surgery and three different sets of visitors as well as a new calling for the hubby which will take him out of the home and out of our pew on Sundays plus a new job shift for him as well not to mention normal everyday life and my own college work to work on, I finally feel like I can breathe again. What a nice feeling it is to be in my house with just my kids and nobody else to worry about or entertain. It is nice to have people visit, don't get me wrong, but it is nice to have our house back.
What's on the horizon for us, you may ask? Well, I am still continuing in my pursuit of my Master's degree with the hopes of graduating in the fall of next year, maybe in the summer if I can convince myself to double up one term again. We found out we should get notice for us to move again next month which should mean we will move sometime in October into a brand new house. (They are tearing this one down.) We are starting to attend a homeschooling co-op in early September. This will be our first experience with a co-op and I am really excited to see how it goes. It will also count as my observation hours that are required for my degree plan, so I am so happy I was able to accomplish those hours without giving up time with my children. That is all the main stuff. We obviously have homeschooling continuing this year and Jacob will start some form of "preschool" if you can call it that. I do not believe in jumping in too early into structured learning but rather offering materials for them to use their imaginations and explore new things. Jacob has set a goal to learn to read and learn to write his name so that will be what we will be working on this year.  Denny wants to start up karate and Emily will continue in ballet this year as well. I am hoping to work with Jacob on some soccer skills in the backyard since he took such an interest in soccer and nothing starts for him until he turns four.
I am just looking forward to some months of just being in a routine and sticking with it hopefully. Dennis is working Mon-Fri 8-5 so we can start attending the temple again and having more time together as a couple which we have greatly missed these past 6 months but especially these past 6 weeks. Funny note, we were talking the other night about financial choices we needed to make and I just stopped and said "It is so nice to be able to really talk with you." because we have had company in our house for 6 weeks which did not allow for us to openly communicate in a normal setting and his previous work schedule made it where he got a lot of time with the children but we did not get much time at all to ourselves. I am just happy and giddy about the changes that have come about this week and am excited for the future months to come. I hope you all are doing well and know that we love you and think of you often.

No comments:

Post a Comment