Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Self government
I attended the LDS Home Educators Conference held in Virginia a few weeks back. It was such an uplifting and inspiring experience. Nicholeen Peck spoke there as well as her husband Spencer. She is the author of the book Parenting A House United: Teaching Self Government. This book is life changing for any parent. We have a tendency to yell and I especially succumb to anger. This book has totally opened up a new world to me as a parent and our home, after implementing these steps for just one week, has become a much calmer, happier place. Not saying we're perfect at it yet, but we're definitely headed in the right direction. So, if you want to learn how to have the "power of calm" in your home or just learn how to parent better, check out http://teachingselfgovernment.com. All for now, just had to share this great book! We are getting ready to move and I'm having surgery, but hopefully will be back up and running by the end of June. Til then, keep improving!! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great post Sarah :-). I hope all is going well and that you'll be on the up and up soon! Can't wait to hear about all the adventures at the kinsman circus!
ReplyDelete