Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Oh my, where did time go?

Wow!! I haven't posted in months!! Life has been crazy but I didn't realize it had been that long since I last posted. We have been so busy with ballet and soccer and church and school and piano lessons and life and etc. Dennis changed shifts so now he works Tuesday through Saturday in the evenings so that has been an adjustment along with my taking two Master's level courses this past term which just kicked my booty!
So, the semester is over and I'm now taking one class at a time through the summer term  which will hopefully be less stressful. Soccer ended on Saturday. Yay!! Denny had a blast playing soccer and I will upload some photos from the season soon. Emily's ballet will end with her recital June 19th. Then we will have all of our nights back and I will be a much happier mommy. :-) Activities are great for kids, but it is a lot of work to take all four kids to each activity and keep Ben and the others content while the one child participates in the activity. We got through the spring with only one bloody nose, a few scraped knees and one child discovering fun in a port-a-potty. (Yuck!) Now, to move on to the summer which should be loads of fun, right?! Hopefully despite the craziness going on in June. We are about to leave for our vacation to Palmyra, NY and Hershey, PA this Saturday. We are really excited for a break from the norm and getting to see new things. But, once we return the insanity begins. We have to pack up our house and get ready to move into the house they offered us in base housing in mid-June. We've got to get most of the house moved in a matter of about 4 days (around Dennis' work schedule) and have Emily's ballet recital then I'm going in for surgery. Hopefully Dennis' command will give him some time off to help with the kids during my recovery from the surgery. Once the recovery is over we'll settle into the house for a few months and then the military will move us into a brand new house because the one we're about to move into will be demolished. Yep, another move. I think we're getting really good at moving with all this experience. LOL.
So, that's kind of a flash update from me. I'm sorry for slacking on the postings. I will try to be better, but not promising anything.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You posted :-). Lots going on, and crazy moving for you! My goodness! I hope Dennis will get some time off too, surgery is no fun for anyone, I hope you're doing okay through all of this! Wish I was there to lend a hand, but I'll definitely be offering up extra prayers!

    ReplyDelete