Whew! This has been one crazy few weeks, but we survived!! We got the keys to the house on June 12 and moved most everything in that day. Took the next week and got unpacked and furniture together and set up. Then Emily had her ballet recital on June 19. Photos to follow soon (we weren't allowed to video the show). The next morning I reported to the hospital for my surgery. I finally got into the OR around 12:30 and was back in my room and somewhat awake around 3:30. All went well and I was released the following morning. I had a few days of a lot of sleep and soreness. I am finally up and moving around mostly like normal. I was told to take it slowly for the first two weeks and I am trying to be careful. There is a lot to do to get the house set up and boxes unpacked or stored. So, it will be a work in progress for the next few days/weeks. I started up a new class in my Master's program yesterday and am interested to see how it goes. It did not help that the first chapter I read spoke of how the Mormon faith came from anti-intellectualism. Should be an interesting 8 weeks for me. :-)
Dennis is off and working on finishing up clearing the old house and we'll hopefully turn over the keys in a day or two and be done with that. YES!! He is off until next Tuesday. It has been awesome having him home to help with things around here. I was recently introduced to a great program that helps you create a schedule for your home. We are implementing a new routine this week and we'll see how things go. If you want to check it out, go to this site. It is a great read and has some example schedules to help get your mind started. I'm excited to get back into some kind of routine.
We are so glad you are doing okay. Can't wait to see the new place and those grandkids! We will be there in less than a month. TTYL Michael and mom
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got it! I hope it's been/will be helpful for you :-)
ReplyDelete