Hooray! We are taking our Christmas break!! Denny has finished first grade!! Now all we have to do is take the Iowa Standardized Test and submit that for scoring. He'll begin 2nd grade the first week of January. He is absolutely loving his break from school. I have to admit, I am enjoying the time off as well. Of course, it helps that I'm off from my college classes as well so I am enjoying reading some good books and just relaxing. I'm preparing his material for second grade, but that isn't all consuming.
Emily is still doing Kindergarten, but we're taking a short break. She'll continue on in kindergarten next year. We began early only because the program she was selected for required us to begin immediately. She'll finish early in the fall but we'll keep going with supplementary stuff until the following year.
Jacob is doing really well. He likes to participate in school so he sits with us when we read and colors when Emily colors. He wants to start real school but he's not even 3 yet! I don't know what to do to keep him happy but not start him too early. Hopefully giving him copies of Emily's worksheets to scribble on will suffice for this next year. I don't want to stifle his desire to learn either.
Benjamin is doing wonderfully. He took three steps yesterday from the couch to the ottoman. He was so proud of himself. He hasn't repeated that performance but he'll get there. He found the presents under the tree yesterday and took a bow of a gift before I noticed. I guess he's ready for Christmas. LOL.
I have photos to put up here but just haven't uploaded them. I'll try to get to that sometime this week. Hopefully before Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment