Monday, November 28, 2011

Our new blog!

We started a new blog for a few reasons. First, I wanted a secure blog and couldn't figure out how to on the other one. (I'm not super computer saavy.) Second, we changed our email and so I wanted the blog to link to this email address. Finally, for whatever reason our old blog got corrupted so we couldn't change anything about the design. So, here's to a fresh slate! Yay! Maybe I'll do better with this blog. (I can hope, right?)
So, I'll give you guys an update as to our family today and we'll go from there.
Dennis is stationed at Langley Air Force Base in Virginia (near Virginia Beach). We've been here for about a year and a half, but we deployed with Dennis to Florida for 6 months of this year so we just recently got settled back into a new house in a small town called Poquoson. He's in limbo right now as to what he's doing for a job because he just returned from deployment and they haven't decided what they're going to do with him.
Sarah (me) is as busy as ever. After swearing I was done with school when I graduated Nov. 2010 with my Bachelor's degree in accounting, I took a break but decided to pursue my Master's degree in Early Childhood Education. I am in the midst of my first class and while it is demanding, I am loving learning how I can be a better teacher to our awesome bunch of children. Speaking of...
Denny is 6 years old now and has about a month left of 1st grade. (We follow the calendar year for our school year.) He is smart and funny and says so many funny things that keep us rolling. He loves science and learning anything about bugs, dinosaurs or any animals really. He got to see a snake up close for a few months in Florida after Dennis caught one outside our front door and so now his interest in peaked in that area. He'll have to be happy with a fish for now.
Emily is 4 years old and has recently started kindergarten. We began kindergarten a month and a half early because she was selected to be part of a study with Calvert school so we needed to get going to meet their timeline of the study. She is loving being in school with Denny and is doing really well. (It's not as hard as I thought to teach two at the same time.) She has also started ballet and loves doing that. She'll have her first recital in June of next year.
Jacob is 2 years old and is such a fun kid! He's talking more and more each day and is so funny! He says "yay!" for everything and smiles all the time. He is a very independent child and wants to do things on his own. Sometimes that is wonderful but other times it can be frustrating. He is such a loving brother and son. We are working on learning the letters better and counting.
Benjamin is 1 year old and is such a joy to have in our family. He smiles all the time and loves to laugh which, of course, makes us laugh. He's crawling everywhere and pulls up on furniture. He has just started letting go and standing up for a few seconds. He loves climbing the stairs but falls a lot so we keep a gate up most of the time.
So, that's our family. We are happy to be homeschooling and learning with our children. I couldn't imagine sending our children away each day for 7-8 hours a day! That would just be too hard and I would miss out on all these awesome experiences we're having.

No comments:

Post a Comment